Already acknowledged as a Contemporary Master, mixed media painter Taryn Alessandro has gained an impressive amount of exposure & recognition due to her innovative use of up-cycled materials & avant-garde approach to traditional fine art.
Classical style painting is uniquely contemporized when harmonized with Taryn's textural layers of found & up-cycled materials. Aluminum cans, sand, fabrics, glass, cardboard, jewelry, paper, etc. filter light reflections created by precious metals, iridescence, & resin for an illuminating experience unlike any other.
Taryn, classicaly trained with a BFA from Boston University, has also studied at Lyme Academy of Fine Arts, Decordova Museum School, & in Italy. Currently residing on Maui, island living inspires much of her work.
For more information about the art of Taryn Alessandro, please call one of our consultants at
1-800-440-1278 or use our inquiry form.
Taryn Alessandro's recent accolades...
- International Contemporary Masters, vol. VIII International Contemporary Artists, vol. IX Studio Visit, vol. 25
- American Art Collector - 6th, 7th, & 8th Annual Editions
- Wailea Food & Wine Festival- Official Inaugural Artist
- Complex Magazine, "Top 25 Kickstarter Projects"
- Local Hawaii Magazine, "Traditional Techniques with a New Flare"
- Honolulu Museum of Art, Schaefer Portrait Challenge 2015
- Maui Time - BEST LOCAL VISUAL ARTIST 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015